Following on from our 80s night success the challenge has been set. Which has the better music ? The 70’s or the 80’s ? Pick your side and come along and join us …….
Medlar-with-Wesham Town Council
NOTICE OF PUBLIC RIGHTS AND PUBLICATION OF UNAUDITED ANNUAL GOVERNANCE & ACCOUNTABILITY RETURN
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31 MARCH 2019
Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Sections 26 and 27
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
- Date of announcement___19th June 2019
- Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
Any person interested has the right to inspect and make copies of the accounting records for the financial year to which the audit relates and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records must be made available for inspection by any person interested. For the year ended 31 March 2019, these documents will be available on reasonable notice by application to:
Jean Priestley (Town Clerk)Telephone: 07902465376_____
commencing on (c) Wednesday 19 June 2019 _____________
and ending on (d) Tuesday 30th July 2019 _______________
- Local government electors and their representatives also have:
• The opportunity to question the appointed auditor about the accounting records; and
• The right to make an objection which concerns a matter in respect of which the appointed auditor could either make a public interest report or apply to the court for a declaration that an item of account is unlawful. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the smaller authority.
The appointed auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose between the above dates only.
- The smaller authority’s AGAR is subject to review by the appointed auditor under the provisions of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014, the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 and the NAO’s Code of Audit Practice 2015. The appointed auditor is:
PKF Littlejohn LLP (Ref: SBA Team)
1 Westferry Circus
London E14 4HD
- This announcement is made by Jean Priestley_
Wesham Family Fun Day 2019 – This Saturday at 1pm
Loads to do. Fully licensed bar, hot food, donkey rides, stalls, bouncy castles – even Archery !
It’s all at Wesham Rec’ (Fleetwood Road, opposite the fire station) this Saturday !!
My name is Kirsty Reader and I have recently been appointed as the Community Centre Manager. I am really enthusiastic to engage with the local community and am very keen to hear your views on how we can make the centre more accessible and relevant to you. What kind of things would you like to see your centre used for? What sort of event would be appealing to you? Drop me a line or come and say hi! I will be quite happy to listen to your ideas.
This year we have decided not to put a flyer for Wesham Fun Day through everyone’s door. Instead the schools are giving a flyer to each of the local families, hopefully before the kids break up for half term. We are also putting larger flyers in shops, restaurants and anywhere else we can think of !
If you want to support the event then please help us promote it.
Maybe print off a flyer and stick it in your window ?
Share a Facebook status ?
Like a post ?
Tag a friend ?
Even just tell your friends
Allotment opportunities in Wesham !!
There are currently a couple of allotments in need of new carers and some much needed TLC.
Fancy growing your own veg ? Or flowers ? Need some more space ?
Rental is very reasonable. Please contact Jean Priestley on email@example.com if you are interested.
Great opportunity as there is usually a waiting list for these …..
(….and I’m aware that the image below will mean nothing to those of you under a certain age !)
Kirkham and Wesham club-day is fast approaching.
For the first time in many years there is currently nothing planned for Wesham as the planning committee folded 🙁
We have a bar.
We have a kitchen.
We have a large hall.
We have a massive field.
What we don’t have are stalls, food concessions, music, rides ……
We don’t have long till the 11th June – can we keep this Wesham tradition alive ???
Do you have a business ? A stall ? A bouncy castle ? Do the brownies want to set up a stall to raise some money for themselves ? The cubs ? Scouts ?
Do we have enough enthusiasm to get this going ?
Please message us urgently if you can help out in any way or contact us through the Wesham Facebook Page: