People have the need to belong. We want to be part of a group of individuals who share interests, and come together for a common purpose. It’s increasingly being understood that this need for connection may be the most important component contributing to quality of life. Drum Circles bring people together beautifully.
So how do Drum Circles do this? For a start, people with little or no musical background can participate in group percussion activities. These events bring the benefits of drumming to all who participate. This experiences tends to be enjoyable and positive for all involved. Participation in them promotes relaxation, communication, and a sense of belonging to the community.
Why Drum circles are so beneficial
- Response to rhythm is basic to human functioning – percussion activities and techniques are highly motivating to people of all ages and backgrounds.
- Pure percussion activities are interesting and fun for everyone, regardless of ethnic and cultural background, musical preferences, or age.
- Participation in active group percussion also has physical benefits. These include sustained physical activity, relaxation, and use of fine motor skills.
- A strong sense of group identity and a feeling of belonging – the steady beats created bring people together physically, emotionally, and mentally.
- It’s accessible to virtually anyone – this activity can be done with little or no previous musical background or training.
Drums are provided, as well as tea and coffee.
We run fortnightly, cost is £8 per drummer, per session.
Times: 7:00pm – 9:00pm.
Check out our Facebook page for details on the next drum circle: